Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SCBWI LA 09 Conference


I just signed up for the next SCBWI LA 09 Writer's Conference. Sigh of relief....one more off my check list for writing To-Do's (it's a long list). Four days long with lots of workshops and lots of editors/agents to work out listening to and trying to get a feel for. I have been trying to work the schedule so that I can see almost everyone that will offer me a chance to submit my manuscripts. It's a tricky thing discovering who will accept and what they will accept and if it is someone who would be a good match. It's kind of like dating (that's what I'm told). After studying the schedule many times and working out a rough spread sheet, and swinging my pendulum at some names (really, I'm feeling unsure of some so why not?), I think I have a good strategy going.
So, back to writing on my YA novel and some more editing for my picture books.