Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Between Two Books


I'm jumping back and forth at the moment between two books I am writing. One is Nellie & Norman which started to be a picture book and is becoming a novel. The other is another picture book for my Emma Jean collection. It seems like it would be easier to focus on just one book, but when it comes to sitting down and writing, sometimes I'm just more inspired to work on another project. I still have my other middle grade novel Believing is Seeing that I'm at least 1/3 the way and keep it going in my head with ideas and plot directions. I can't forget Pig Boy either. This is going to be a great story. I'm not sure what time period I want to focus on. I have lots of information on the Gold Rush and live in California, so that could work. But, I think I see Peter set in the Great Depression too.
I have so many ideas and great starts. I am just plugging along each day and adding more to whatever inspires me. I trust where I am lead.